BIM Draftperson - Easton PA
This company is a developer and producer of mechanical pipe joining systems and is the originator of the grooved pipe couplings joining system.
LOCATION: Easton, PA 18040
This is a fantastic entry level opportunity with a solid company growing by leaps and bounds. Working and designing 3D models using the latest technology for a world leader in the manufacturing of grooved mechanical pipe joining solutions. A well respected top employer in Lehigh Valley, where our Global Headquarters is located. It's an opportunity to put your drafting, design and modeling skills to the test, while learning and growing alongside your intellectual peers.
1. Prepare 3D Constructible models, piping layout drawings, isometric drawings, spool sheet drawings/cut sheets with complete BOM's (bill-of-materials), pad and equipment drawings from customer furnished drawings, models and vendor data in Revit(or other) design modeling software as required.
2. Assist BIM Coordinators attending in-person and Webex Coordination Meetings as necessary.
3. Perform some checking functions of Advanced Bills of Material, isometric drawings, spool sheets, and B.O.M.'s produced both in-house and by the GDC (Global Design Center) and/or other CPS office, utilizing CPS procedures and standards.
4. Assist with project review, kick-off meetings, customer contact, and other job control functions.
5. Prepare and coordinate complete BEP (Basic Engineering Package), adhering to established guidelines, for transferring project to the GDC and/or other CPS office.
6. For projects that have been transferred to the GDC, provide assistance and comments as required, along with attending daily coordination meetings with the GDC.
7. Advise the CPS BIM Coordinator on a weekly basis on status of all assigned projects and assist with project close out and customer satisfaction reports.
8. Utilize the CPS BIM Team procedures and policies.
9. Prepare Advanced Bill of Materials, and update as necessary to accommodate changes to material delivery requirements.
10. Assist CPS Pre-Construction and Software Development departments (as required).
11. Travel with CPS coordinators to jobsites to assist with obtaining accurate field measurements and interact with customers and Victaulic salespeople as required.
12. Assist in the training of Draftsperson Trainees, and Interns.
13. Utilize and participate in Lean implementation and the Victaulic Quality Improvement Process.
1 - 3 years Construction, Piping design experience would be beneficial.
Knowledge of piping specification engineering and pipe support experience would be beneficial.
Project Management experience is desired.
Experience with Microsoft Professional Software., AutoCAD, Revit, CADmep
Must have ability to travel
Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer skills required.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma along with the completion of a two year Mechanical Drafting Technical School education required.