Manufacturing Operator - Contractor - 7880
Discovery Solutions is seeking job seekers for a contract position with one of our customers, Lilly, a leading pharmaceutical company headquartered in Indianapolis, IN.
LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN 46221
The Manufacturing Operator will support the manufacturing processes relative to the department/area in which they are assigned. Operate manufacturing equipment based on the established written procedures and work rules. Responsible for product quality and safety on the assigned line and for achieving production standards in both quantity and quality. Understand and follow cGMP and safety guidelines as required. Follow all safety policies and procedures. Perform light cleaning in order to maintain clean operating environment. Write maintenance summaries of assembly and workstation areas as needed. Execute quality checks in accordance to department/area requirements and document findings. Stocking, sweeping, mopping, and trash removal may be included.
Safety Protection Worn:
Safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
This position supports floor operations for Indy Parenteral Products Packaging. GMP operational discipline is critical to support customer service and regulatory requirements. Execution and performance in this work area is essential to supply critical products such as Alimta, Insulin, and HGH to the market.
1. Reliable operator of equipment; knowledge and execution of quality checks; strong documentation practices all resulting in dependable supply of product to the market with adherence to quality standards and practices. The ability to learn and execute according to policy and procedures is essential.
2. Active involvement in investigating and understanding process deviations is critical to learning and prevention of repeated deviations.
3. Product and component identity, 100% product accountability, thorough line clearance for all products are basic quality criteria for this production area.
4. Effective communication with peers, supervision, and support personnel (QC, engineering, maintenance) is necessary. Interactions are expected to be supportive and constructive to the business and respectful of all employees.
5. It is necessary to learn and understand the safety rules and policies of the department. There is an expectation that the employee will exhibit safe behaviors at all times in the workplace.
6. This position Requires an operator with a high technical/mechanical background involving troubleshooting equipment, making adjustments to equipment, and performing change-overs on high speed packaging equipment.
4 - 10 hours, 3 days off
Monday - Thursday
5:30 pm - 4:00 am
Must have 1 year of manufacturing or Military experience.
Must have understanding of quality systems in manufacturing environment.
Must be flexible to work overtime, weekends and/or off-shifts.
Must have basic computer skills.
Must have the ability to be qualified/trained to do the described objectives.
Must have the ability to wear safety equipment (safety glasses, safety shoes, protective gloves, respirator, etc.).
Some allergens are present in the parenteral plant.
Mobility requirements and exposure should be considered when applying for this position.
Must be able to pass background check and drug screening.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent